Monday 6 May 2013

Otto update

Been a while so here is an update on all things Otterish.

 As you know , of late Otto has been getting a taste for fresh chicken. Due to this I have rehomed them. Mee olde matey Peter tis looking after them. He already has loads of hens so the new arrivals seem to be fitting in with the flock very well.

Otto continues to come back at night for a fish or two and still enjoys wrestling with my armoured glove.

Early yesterday evening I happened to be at the front door, looking over towards Ben Hogh. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a pair of Greylag Geese running away from something with their wings flapping madly. Yep..you've guessed it..Bad Otto! Otto was way too slow for them, he was bounding around like a daft thing. Better luck next time mee old son.

Today was a good day. After a spot of digging the garden I met up with Otto and we went for a hike, following the burn up past Ben Hogh. He seemed very happy and was very playful. After about an hour he got bored with my company and headed off on his own.

Over the past while I have been cutting back on the fish I give him. I am trying to wean him off an easy meal and make him go fend for himself. He seems fit and healthy enough so I reckon he must be doing alright in the hunting department. I would love to know what he gets up to when he's away. Otto is now very independent ...long may it continue.

Till next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allan - Nice to see you looking so well mate and what a lovely story and photos. Say 'Hi' to Uncle John and the family, and 'Prynhawn da!' to Tony O. All the Best, Cheers, Craig.