Wednesday 22 October 2014

Epilogue?

Hello!

It has been over a year since Otto's last blog update. It has been a great year for him. He is now a real Otter! and has left home! . His visits have been getting less frequent and the longest time away (until now) has been about 1 week. The last time I saw him was about 4 weeks ago, so I reckon he may have found his independence.

Many interesting things have happened for Otto in the last year. A near death experience with a passing car, being chased by a big territorial Dog Otter, receiving battle scars, swimming in the sea,  catching his own food, coming into sexual maturity...yes literally his balls dropped! He even became a newspaper celebrity!

The last time I saw him he was very calm and seemed in perfect health. His visits have been getting less and less frequent. He may have come to some unfortunate end but I don't think so. I reckon he has completely gone back to the wild and found his own territory somewhere on the Island.

An Otter was spotted a couple of weeks ago, not far from here. It was eating a crab and according to George who was there, the Otter seemed not bothered at all with his presence...Was this Otto???

Well, it looks like the end of an era. Although I miss Otto's visits, I cant help feel that we have both accomplished something great. He is now living wild as he should be and I have witnessed first hand his amazing journey.

Otto has brought much joy to many people over the last couple of years. I have been lucky enough to have been there throughout.

Thanks to everyone for your support...You know who you are.

This may possibly be Otto's last post. If I have any time I will put up some recent photos of him and his newspaper stories.

Allan and Otto signing out.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Highlander want ta be in Oklahoma City USA. Many castles to choose to stay in when visiting Scotland. I would like to know if I could write a letter to the owners of the OLD castle of Breachacha. Dont need fancey like the Old Highlander Castles. Fa'side in Muscleburg looks like a castle{but lowland history} Castle Saddel same but Campbell verses my Lamont clan jnygage@yahoo.com John Turner 1529 Spring Creek Dr. Yukon Oklahoma U.S.A.73099 405-625-4969phone

Unknown said...

Young otters with limited experience fishing in the sea tend to be the ones who eat crabs (easier to catch than a swimming fish), so could well be Otto.

'Mon the Otto!