Sunday 2 December 2012

Building the Otto enclosure



For the next few days Peter and I built Otto a large run. I also spent some time building Otto a place to chill out and sleep in. I made his holt out of old timber that was in the shed and insulated it to keep Otto warm. I also weatherproofed it against the elements. I collected large stones from a fallen down drystone wall and put them in the enclosure. Some were used to try and stop Otto digging his way under and out of the enclosure. Others were positioned near and around the holt to give the whole thing a more natural feel. The holt was raised off the ground incase of flooding. An old palet was used for this.

After days of sawing, nailing, screwing,bashing and hammering, it was now time for Otto to leave the porch and move into its new home.

 November 2012



By night
By Day

No comments: