Saturday 8 December 2012

WWF Otto wrestling gloves

Otto is getting bigger every day...so is his grip! I have been doing some bare handed wrestling with him...but no more. Ouch!!! Tonight I decided to do the heavy duty glove approach. My hands are now safe from those teeth of his and he seems to not mind my new mittens at all. Lots of  happy Otter vocalising and lots of wrestling fun tonight. He seems now to be getting playfully stuck in a lot more, and due to the gloves my hands are feeling a lot better for it.

As usual for this time of year, the wind and rain is relentless. I usually have to wear my waterproofs but tonight there has been no rain. Hallelujah!!!

Young Otters, like most young animals, have the need to bond with their Mother and Siblings. Sadly Otto has neither. A lot of bonding is done during play. I am now Otto's Mum, so I play with him as much as possible...A playful Otter is a happy Otter.

Innes got Otto some fresh Octopus today, so I will try him out with some of Coll's freshest calamari tomorrow... photos to follow.

No sign yet of using his new pool...may have to re-think things...Hmmmm.

1 comment:

Otto the Otter said...

Well, it looks like Otto doesn't like Octopus. He had a sniff at it this morning and turned his nose up at it. Never mind, i'll have it for my dinner instead.